Monday, April 20, 2009

All I know to do....

As I sat here feeling sorry for myself, I kept getting reminded to come to the blog. I spent a bunch of money-that I didn't have-today on getting my car fixed. That put a huge damper on my day. Then I started to meditate on all of the things that's wrong with me, or all of the things that I want to change...need to change. Next thing I know, I am depressed. Hahahahahaha. ME! Depressed. Throughout the day, I've been getting communications like: Did you blog today? did you get my email I left for the blog? Thank you Pastor/Minister?elder Washington for your wonderful advice, etc, etc, etc...LOL But I felt like I had a cloud over my head. When I get here, I get quiet, reserved, don't want to be bothered, and I don't want to be a bother to anyone else. But something made me come to this blog. I shouldn't say SOMETHING, because it takes away from the importance and validity of the Holy Spirit. I was lead here...cause I know, honestly, I didn't want to come to the blog today. I wanted to separate myself from the one place where I know I could get uplifted. THAT SOUNDS CRAZY TO ME. I get a message today that said,: "Someone needs to hear your inspirational words today!"
That kinda kicked me in the butt. I responded, "I don't want the pressure..I wanna just let it flow."
Was that an excuse? I am rambling, I know...but this is the only therapy I have right now. It used to be basketball, but age, weight, and injuries have kinda slowed that down. Hahahahaha.
To make a long story short, I was BLESSED once again by Terry aka T-Hizzle's comment from the last posting (you know how to find it).
I feel like I am at a crossroads in my life...and when times get hard, I (used to) resort to my OLD WAY of doing things, meaning, I try to take control of the entire situation and manipulate it myself. But there are something that I have no control over.
But my thing is, I know that I am going to have to let go and let GOD....HOLD UP. I was just about to write: I know I am supposed to let go and let GOD, but I am afraid. But this is all to familiar to me right now. I have been here before.
Dear God, I pray that you take away the spirit of fear from within me. I pray that you bring to my remembrance - all that you've imparted into me about your word and having confidence in your word. Lord, I pray that I am able to focus, and say a heartfelt prayer for everything that needs correcting in my life. I pray that I call each and everyone of those things out by name, so I can purge myself of distractions. I pray that I am a living testimony of your Word and your promises. I pray that I may be a blessing to others as you have blessed me. I pray that there is NO LACK in my finances, and NO LACK in our relationship. I thank you that I have the wisdom of GOD, and I make sound decisions in every area of my life. I thank you that I am tuned into your voice, and that you will direct my paths. I thank you that I am no longer the same Corey I used to be. I thank you that I am getting stronger, and wiser day by day, minute by minute. I thank you for restoring my joy. HALLELULIEAH!!!!! THANK YOU FOR RESTORING MY JOY FATHER! I can feel the depression slipping away from my body right now ya'll...Wooooo!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I am smiling as I sit here typing right now. I love you Lord.......I thank you for all of my blessings, all of the people who read this blog. Thank you that they keep coming, sharing, and imparting into me Father. Thank you for saving my life. Thank you for my job. Thank you that, once I get the job, they will offer me more than what they originally offer me. Thank you that every desire of my heart will be manifested. I also want to pray for my friends and family who are going through unemployment and downsizing right now. I pray that they all recognize that the recession is optional! they do not have to participate! Praise you for the way out Father! I thank you for their quick employment right now...that their needs are met, and they have no lack in their lives. I pray that we all sek your face, and focus on your will and your business, for it says in your word:
Matthew 6:33
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well
.

I pray that these THINGS include, jobs, houses, transportation, food, happiness, joy , and peace! I pray in your Son Jesus' Holy name.....AMEN!

***this was not premeditate. This was real time, with typo's and all. I added the title after I finished my post. Thank You Lord for your insight. ***

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting today, even though it may have taken you a moment to post, it's posted. I may not be at the spiritual level you're at right now, but with guidance and persistance I will soon be there, Thank you GOD for giving him the strength to post this blog, Thank you GOD for giving me the energy to stay up and read this blog. Thank you GOD for all the blessings you have in store for me, even though i'm short on patience. Thank you GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember you are not alone. The best of us get depressed, stressed and feel a mess. But God..... He can make a way-when we feel no way out.

    God can bless your request for help. We are all waiting for that one!

    Love you Man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every applicant should look closely at their resume and make it stand out to be noticed by their prospective employer. To top the competition resume should be adequate and compelling.

    One must focus and move in the right direction. Never let obstacle interfere with job search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Corey, you keep amazing me. As I have told you God is not finished with you. Let Go and Let God...Yes very familar...As you know I posted that a month a go when I was at my weakest point holding on to the last end of the rope. But God is getting me through one day at a time. And when I find my self slipping and Lord know I have been feeling it. I keep resiting Let Go and Let God...

    When you get a chance please go and get a copy of Dr. Dollars video when he was in Richmond some weeks ago. That was so powerful. He talked about Fear and Faith. Where Fear lives Faith can't grow. And I always wondered why my faith wasn't growing even though I prayed and prayed about it. Well Fear and Faith can't dwell in the same place.

    I will leave everyone with today's affirmation. They always seem to be right on point.

    Love
    Thalia


    Subject: Daily Affirmation for April 21, 2009


    “What do you do when you’ve done all you can, and it seems like it’s just not enough?” Like Donnie McClurkin says in his song, “You Just Stand”! “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests”. Be Blessed!!!



    Ephesians 6:10-18

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I sit here eating lunch with my mother. I was reading the blog to her. She told me to tell you to hold on to the hand of God and he will meet your every need. Remember when I told you about the Spirit of Depression falls under the the spirit of heaviness....Loose the garment of Praise until that spirit is lifted..The devil is a liar he wants you to have a pity party. You see God is not moved by pity he is moved by faith... Keep the faith in the hard times...Just keep doing what you are doing and the doors will open up for you.... All this week Dr.Dollar has been talking about fear...Remind fear who you are. There is a King in you...You take authority of the situation.... There is no fear in love perfect love cast out fear..(IJohn4:18) As I look at my own life,some things I had to put on hold.... But,I will trust God knowing that he will restore everything the enemy as stolen. You see when you catch a theif he has to pay you back sevenfold Proverbs 6:31.... God is amazing.....Just like you said we choose not to participate in the recession!!! We are part of the Blessing!!!! Let Go and Let God. Let him purge you Phil 1:6 God Bless U Lady E

    ReplyDelete